Since inception NCL has been a leader in environment management among the opencast mines in India. New reclamation techniques and initiatives have been taken to operate all the Mining projects in environment friendly manner. The planned development of mines with proper layout, greening, colonies, black topped roads, planned backfilling and bio-reclamation has been the highlights of Environment management. The number of trees planted till now has been the highest among all the coal companies and more than 2.53 crores trees have been planted. At NCL, all our activities and operations are guided by sound environmental practices, second to none. Right from its inception, the company has a well defined environment policy. It is committed to protecting the fragile ecology as well as ensuring a sustainable growth of power. It is passionate about ensuring a clean environment for all of us and future generations.
Salient Features - NCL towards Environment Excellence :
- NCL is one of the best environmentally managed Coal Producing Company.
- NCL have ten coal mining projects and each of the mines are earnestly carrying out environment management for sustainable mining.
- NCL is certified with ISO 14001:2015, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 for all mines, Hospitals and Central Workshop as an Integrated Management System (IMS).
- It has An Integrated Water Supply System(IWSS) with 18 MGD water treatment plant for all mines / colonies of NCL
- NCL has a large recreation park at Jayant colony with all infrastructure like boating, fountains, water bodies, amphitheater, clubhouse, toy train etc.
- There are 12 fully operational ETPs with sufficient capacity of treatment (with about 50% extra capacity).
- The OB dumps reclamation work, both physical and biological, in NCL is one of the best with bio-matting used earlier in Jayant, Dudhichua and Nigahi.
- The no of trees planted more than 2.53 crore trees with all around greening of the mined areas.
- Most of the mines are having proper black topped roads in the mines
- The ambient air quality is monitored for all the mines on fortnightly basis. Moreover, 09 nos. of CAAQMS units have also been installed for real time monitoring of ambient air quality in different projects.