Nigahi Opencast Mine is situated in Singrauli district of Madhya Pradesh and forms a part of Singrauli Coalfield. Nigahi block is located to the west of Jayant Project and to the east of Amlohri Project. It stands out as a hilly plateau with elevations of about 400 - 450 Mts. above mean sea level. The block has 483.01 Mill. Tonnes of mineable reserves in Turra, Purewa (Bottom, Top and Combined) seams at an average stripping ratio of 3.68. For 15MTY, the life of the Project will be about 22 years (As on 01.04.15).
The exploration work of NIGAHI OCP was done during the period of 1978 to 1980.Feasibility Report for Nigahi
Master plan of Singrauli Coalfields prepared by Soviet experts identified Nigahi Opencast Mine as one of the feasible Projects. Feasibility report for 14 MTY capacity was prepared in 1983-84 jointly by Giproshakht and CMPDI.See More
IMG recommended on 23.6.85 implementation of the Project for a capacity of 4.2 MTY in the first phase. The project was sanctioned by Govt. of India in Nov. 1987 at a capital cost of Rs.462.39 crores for 4.2 MTY coal productions. Subsequently RCE for Rs.648.04 crores was sanctioned by G.O.I. on 3.3.1994.Initially; Nigahi OCP was sanctioned for a rated capacity of 4.2 MTY of R.O.M. Coal to be supplied to 6x210 MW existing units of Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Station of NTPC.
- Overburden Removal work was started in the year 1985 - 86.
- The coal production started in the year 1990-91.
- Year of opening of revenue account - 1991.
- Year of commissioning of First Dragline (BAJRANG - 20/90)-1992
- Year of completion of Project (Phase - I / 4.2MTY) - 1995.
For despatch of coal for Phase - I / 4.2MTY CHP started working in March 1997.PHASE II (10 MTY)
With additional two units of 500 MW each sanctioned for VSTPS, the demand of Coal from Nigahi Project had increased. In view of this, EPR of 8 MTY was prepared and put up to IMG, which recommended that Nigahi OCP should be expanded to 10 MTY and put up to PIB. Accordingly, EPR for 10 MTY was developed and sanctioned by GOI on 17.7.1997 for an estimated capital investment of Rs.1846.49 crores.
- ETP started working for workshop and CHP discharge - 1999.
- Year of completion of Project (Phase - II / 10 MTY) - March 2004 and the completion report has been prepared by CMPDIL and submitted for approval.
- For despatch of coal for Phase - II / 10 MTY CHP started working in 2008-09(Package - A) and 2009-10 (Package - B).
With the sanction of additional 2 units of 500 each for VSTPP total capacity increasing to 3260 MW, there was additional coal demand so expansion PR for 15MTY has been prepared and approved by NCL’s board of directors. Further Public Hearing for obtaining NOC from MPPCB has been conducted on the 18th of December 2005. Clearance of EMP has been approved by EC on 9th Jan-07 and also been considered by PIB in its meeting held on 16th Jan-07. Approved by CCEA and sanctioned by Govt. Of India vide letter no.43011/27/2006-CPAM Dated 08.10.07.for a capital Investment of Rs 2078 cr with the recommendation of partial OB removal by Outsourcing i.e. 18 Mm3 OB removal per year for incremental 5 MTY coal production for the remaining life of mine.
|YEAR||PRODUCTION (MT)||DISPATCH (MT)|
|SHOVEL||P&H mining||1900AL||10 Cum||7|
|HEC||RB/BE 195B||10 Cum||4|
|BEML / Bucyrus||182 AC Marion||10 Cum/td>||2|
|BEML||182 MHR 17 Marion||10 Cum/td>||2|
|Russian||EKG 12.5||12.5 Cum||2|
|Bucyrus / Caterpillar||RH 90C||10 Cum||1|
|Komatsu||PC 2000-8||11.5 Cum||1|
|Dumper||Terex / Caterpillar||UR MARK 30B/MK30B||120T||36|
|BEML||445E / BH120E||120T||27|
|Dozer||BEML||BD 355 /D 355||410HP||28|
|BEML Ltd.||G 30D||330 HP||03|
|Crane||Action Cons. con||ACE||9T||07|
|Crane 120T||RT 9130E||120T||2|
|Escort RT 40T||Escort||HK17||RT 40||01|
|Crane Escort 20T||Escort||RT 20||20T||01|
|Crane TIL 20T||TIL||TIL 880||20T||01|
|Crane TIL||TIL||TIL 880||75T||2|
|Backhow L&T||L&T||CK 300||1.5 Cum||01|
|Backhow Tata Hitachi||LTata Hitachi||EX 350||1.3 Cum||01|
|Front End Loader Komatsu||Komatsu||WA 600||5.9 Cum||01|
|Tyre Handler BEML||BEML||BL14||2|
|Motor Grader BEML||BEML||GD 825||280HP||01|
|Motor Grader Cat||Caterpiller||Cat 16H/14H||280HP||6|
|Motor Grader BEML||BEML||605R1||145HP||3|
|Fork Lifter Voltas||Voltas||DV 4T/5T||4T/5T||2|
|Fork Lifter Godrej||Godrej||G 800D||3|
|Water Sprinkler BEML||BEML||WS 28||28KL||3|
|Water Sprinkler HM||Caterpillar||HM 10-35||28KL||2|
|Water Sprinkler BEML||BEML||WS 70||70KL||1|
Name of the Work:
- Winner in NCL Inter Area Football Championship 2015-16.
- Won First Prize in sports and cultural activities in 2014-15.
- Won First Prize Colony Maintenance & Cleaning in 2014-15.
- Won First Prize Colony School building & Infrastructure in 2014-15
- Winner of Inter area Volleyball championship 2014-15.
- Coal India Athletic Meet Year 2015-16 was organized at Nigahi Project.
- Widening of road from Nigahi Moore to Dudhichua Railway over bridge including shifting of poles.
- Distribution of furniture to Vivekananda School.
- Tailoring & Pico Training Centre at Nandgaon
- Tailoring & Pico Training Centre at Moher.
- Construction of community Sauchalaya for Ghorauli village.
- Construction of RCC Drain along approach road in Nandgaon.
- Water supply arrangement for Community hall at Ghorauli village.
- Portable water supply by installation of RO/Through pipe in villages around operational area of NCL.
- Development of playground at Nandgaon village.
- Construction of cultural stage at Madwani village.
- Distribution/repair of Hand pumps at Nandgaon village.
- Distribution of solar lanterns to villagers.
- Renovation/Repair of old building & construction of. Toilets room at Saraswati Shishu Mandir Nandgaon.
- Drain for Drainage of water including bush cleaning and development work at Nandgaon.
- Construction of CC approach road in cluster no. 5 & 6 of Nandgaon village.
- Free medical camp and treatment to Project Affected People (PAP)
|NO. OF EXECUTIVES||NO. OF MONTHLY RATED EMPLOYEES||NO. OF DAILY RATED EMPLOYEES|
- Coal India Foundation day Excellence Award 2007.
- Greentech Environment Award 2011- Silver Award.
- Maximum Coal Production in a month – 23.82 Lakh Tes. in March 2015
- Maximum Coal Production in a Day – 1.6 Lakh Tes. on 31.03.15.
- Maximum Coal Dispatch in a month – 16.89 Lakh Tes. in March 2013.
- Maximum Coal Dispatch in a Day – 76,514 Tes. on 31.03.15.
- Awarded Bhamash award for 5 consecutive years starting 2008-09.
- Zero Water Discharge.
- Plantation of 31.03 lakh plants in an area of 824.29 Hectare.
- Creation of Water Bodies.
Contact Details :
|Mining||Sri Harish Duhan||Project Manageremail@example.com|
|Excavation||Sri Anil Jha||General Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|E&M||Sri S.Mathau||Dy.General Manageremail@example.com|
|Civil||Sri R.C.Mishra||Dy.General Manager(Civil)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Finance||Sri K.K Sarkar||Dy. General Manageremail@example.com|
|Personnel||Smt.Kavita Gupta||Staff Officer (Pers)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|MM||Sri I.B.Karan||Dy.General Manageremail@example.com|
|S & M||Sri S C Singh||Sr. Manager(M)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Medical||Dr. Veena Sharma||Staff Officer (Med.)||email@example.com|
|E&T||Sri V.K Singh||Chief Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|