The Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact
Northern Coalfields Limited has committed for adopting Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact to embrace, support and enact, within its sphere of influence, a set of core values in the areas of human rights, labour standards, the environment, and anti-corruption:HUMAN RIGHTS
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses are asked to support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- The effective abolition of child labour.
- The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.