- Since 1985-86, total 141.76 lakhs and 84.76 lakhs seedlings planted on over-burden dumps and plain areas respectively in all the coal mines of the NCL till 30.05.2015 as part of biological reclamation of mined out areas and afforestation in colonies, roadsides etc.
- During the monsoon season of 2015-16, total 3.37 lakhs and 0.576 lakh seedlings are going to be planted on over burden dumps and in plain areas respectively.
- Proposal for Stage-I Forest Clearance of 424.517 ha. forest lands for proposed Nigahi &expansion project has been submitted to the Divisional Forest Officer, Singrauli on 26.08.2014.
- Proposal for renewal of Forest Clearance of 100 ha. Forest lands for Jayant project is under consideration of the GoI, MoEF&CC
- 4,320 ha. non-forest lands has been provided to the State Forest Departments of MP & UP for carrying out compensatory afforestation works till 30.05.2015.
- Rs. 58.88 crores has been deposited with State Forest Departments of MP & UP for compensatory afforestation, safety zone plantations, tree fellings in diverted forest areas etc. till 30.05.2015.
- Rs.98.02 crores has been deposited with the State Forest departments of MP & UP towards Net Present Values forest lands diverted for coal mining etc. till 30.05.2015.
- A Study on "Impact Assessment of Reclamation of Mined Lands of Singrauli onPhysical, Biological & Ecological Attributes" has been carried out by the State Forest Research Institute, Jabalpur.
- Forest Research Institute, Dehradun is presently carrying out "Ecological Restoration Study" in NCL coal mines.