Noise pollution control measures
Noise is a concomitant by product of mining activities. It is now a well-recognized fact that occupational noise is a potential health hazard if the noise level at the workers ears in not minimized by engineering and administrative control measures and by use of hearing protection devices. The present standards in most industrial countries call for no more than 70 dB noise exposure over an 8-hour workday.
For noise pollution mitigation measures following steps are taken at mining areas:
- Blasting operations are carried out between 1 pm 2 pm only.
- Earmuffs and earplugs are provided to employees wherever required.
- Routine maintenance of all equipment with proper lubrication.
- Green Belts are created in mining areas to provide as noise barriers.
- Curtain plantation provided at mine boundaries , roads, colonies and sidings