Home / RTI-ACT-2005
Section 4(1)(b)-(i) Particulars of the Organisation.
- Northern Coalfields Limited, Singrauli, (M.P.) India, 486889, Telephone : 07805-266670, Fax : 07805-266640
- Chairman-cum-Managing Director: Sh. Prabhat Kumar Sinha
- Vison, Mission and Objectives
- Organization Chart
- Memorandum and Article of Association of NCL.
- Functions of NCL
- Production of Coal: Production of coal is the main function and the Company is producing coal through open cast coal mines.
- Production of washed coal: In NCL, there is one Deshaling Plant established at Bina Project for supplying washed coal to power plants.
- Meeting requirement of coal to power plants & other Industries: More than 88% of Coal production is dispatched to Power Sectors and the balance quantity of coal is despatched to consumers like Cement Industries, Aluminum Industries etc.
- Environmental Management services: NCL has well defined & documented Manual, policy, procedures and guidelines for sustainable development under its integrated Management system (IMS) complying with international standards of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007. NCL obtains forest clearances to the Projects from the Govt. of India and State Governments. NCL undertakes compensatory afforestation in lieu of the diverted forest land for mining and biological reclamation is being carried out through plantations. The Company takes necessary steps for air, water and noise pollution control measures.
- System services: CoalNet (an ERP) consisting of Seven (07) Modules viz. PIS (Personnel Information System), FIS (Finance Information System), Payroll, Sales, Production, Materials Management System and Equipment Maintenance System are operational in entire NCL. GPS based OITDS is operative in 5 projects of NCL. The e-office, developed by NIC and tested for security and AADHAR Enabled Biometric Attendance System is implemented in all Projects & Units of NCL. Online file tracking is already in operation.
- Human Resource development: NCL followed the concept of workers participation in management and maintains cordial industrial relations and also pays due attention on employees welfare and social amenities. NCL has a Central Excavation Training Institute (CETI) at Singrauli and nine Vocational Training Centers (VTCs) in different projects. Need based training is provided to Workmen, Operators, Supervisors and front line Managers. Employees of the Company are also sponsored for training to reputed professional Institutes in India and Abroad.
- Land acquisition and R&R: The company develops rehabilitation sites for development for resettlement of Project Affected Persons (PAPs) with necessary civic amenities linked with Projects. During the year, compensation of 152.88 Ha.of tenancy land and house is paid. The total compensation of Rs. 169.91 Crores has been disbursed during the year.
Section 4(1)(b)-(ii)Powers and duties of its officers and employees.
- Delegation of Power of Chairman-Cum-Managing Director of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of Director (Personnel), (Technical) & (Finance) of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of Chief Vigilance Officer of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of General Manager (Projects) of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of General Manager (CWS) of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of CMS (NSC) of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of Head of Department of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of Head of Department of CETI, NCL.
- Delegation of Power of Chief General Manager, Sub Area Manager and Colliery Manager of NCL.
- Revised Delegation of Power of Executives.
- Powers and duties of its Officers and Employees: For smooth discharge of their functions the Directors, Heads of Departments and Head of wings derive power from the Delegation of Power assigned to them by the Management. for which office orders are issued from time to time. The duties of the officers and employees of Coal India Limited have been spelt out in different documents viz -Terms of Appointment of Directors, Common coal cadre, Job Nomenclature, Delegation of Powers, various statutes etc. In addition, the officers and employees of the Company are also assigned duties by the Management for which administrative orders are issued from time to time.